Skip to ContentSkip to Footer

Full Coverage vs. Physical Damage Coverage for Auto Insurance


This is something that comes up quite a bit in our discussions with clients and prospects. We thought we should take a moment to braeakdown a few key points so you have a better understanding of how different policies may work.

  • Full coverage” is a term used loosely by insurance agents and customers. Full coverage means something different to each individual, for some customers it means Liability only and to others it means liability, comprehensive and collision coverage, roadside assistance, rental car coverage, full glass coverage, gap coverage and many more endorsements that could be included.
  • Full coverage” is not a technical term in the insurance industry and does not actually describe a specific limit or coverage and is most commonly confused with “Physical Damage” coverage.
  • Physical damage coverage refers to Comprehensive and Collision coverage. Comprehensive coverage protects your auto against theft, vandalism, falling objects(hail, tree, other), animals, fire or other acts of god/nature. Collision coverage protects your auto against colliding with other stationary or moving objects (besides animals).

When looking for Physical damage coverage make sure you know and understand what your deductible is for both Comprehensive and Collision coverage. You can have deductibles with different amounts and although an average personal auto deductible may be around $500 they can vary depending on the comfortability of the customer.

Get A Quote

* indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Customer Reviews

If you need insurance, this is your one stop shop.

Austin O

If you're look for great service give them a call.

John R Chukayne

Great service.

Bob R

Great service at great prices.

Brenda B

And best of all I saved money!!

Heather L